Thursday 12 January 2012

Oops! How did that happen

Oops, think it's time to start the diet!

I split my work trousers Tuesday night at work when I bent down. They are a tight squeeze on the waist now and they are elasticated on the back! I know I've put some weight on over Christmas and I really need to sort myself out so come Monday when I do my shopping it shall only be healthy stuff.

Took Sherlock my dog to the vets this morning for his yearly booster jab. He also got weighed and is a kilo heavier than last years weigh in. Oops! Looks like we're both on the healthy road : ) At least the bill at the vets was not too painful, £35.80 so I'm happy with that.

I hate wasting any food so this morning I am using up some sweet potatoes that have been lurking in my utility room since the beginning of November! Guess sweet potatoes are like normal potatoes, they keep very well if stored in the right conditions. Don't even know why I bought them. I'm not that keen on them and none of the family are either.


So today I have made,

SPICY SWEET POTATO SOUP

2 onions,chopped
1 Tbsp oil
Ginger, grated (however much you like)
2 cloves garlic, grated
800g Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp garam masala
2 tsp curry powder
1 chilli, seeds removed & chopped
1 litre veg stock
300ml milk
salt & pepper

Heat oil in a pan and add onion . cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
Add ginger, garlic, spices, chilli and sweet potatoes. Stir & cook for a minute.
Add stock and cook until potato is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
Blend all ingredients then add milk. warm through and season to taste.

Spicy sweet potato soup
I had this with a swirl of plain yogurt and a freshly baked bread roll. Yum. That's got rid of all the sweet potatoes then: )  Plenty left for lunches over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. The soup looks lovely. It must be the time of year for split trousers. J split his last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES look like good soup! found your blog via Scarlet

    New Year Blessings !

    ReplyDelete