Tuesday 19 March 2013

Menu plan 18/03/13








MONDAY - Creamy beef & potato layer, carrots, peas and broccoli

TUESDAY - Sausages, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy

WEDNESDAY - Omelet, jacket potato, salad, homemade coleslaw and bread

THURSDAY - Steak & ale pie (in freezer) mash and veg

FRIDAY - Bacon, potato cakes, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes & beans

SATURDAY - Homemade lamb burgers, chips, onion rings & homemade coleslaw

SUNDAY - Beef/veggie curry, rice and naan bread  

Welcome to my new follower Thrifty Living. Your very welcome and thank you for dropping by.

Well, we're onto the last portions of meat from my £70 meat pack from the local butcher. It's been a 5 week month for me  and we have had plenty of meat to cover the month. The family have really enjoyed lots of different cuts of meat which has put a bit more variety into their menu plan.The only thing the girls were not keen on was a shoulder of lamb which I cooked long and slow. The meat was tender but they said it was fatty. I have put the remainder of this joint in the freezer. I intend to mince it up and shall add to a tomato sauce to make a type of bolognese to have on pasta next Monday I think. It's payday next Wednesday so I've got a delivery coming and I shall place another order with the butchers to collect next thursday. We shall be ready then for the Easter holidays. Not that I will benefit from the bank holiday on Good Friday. Working for the NHS means we work bank holidays if they fall on days we work.

Just noticed today is my 100th post.
Anyway, it's time for me to get started on our evening meal so shall say, adios amigos!

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on your 100th post. Your weeks menu sounds very yummy (as usual!). It is a great way to buy meat in a giant pack. We have just discovered somewhere close to us that does the same.I think I got about 18 chicken breasts for £20.00 , enough for the month. Tried the rump steak but it was not that nice. We had a pack from M&S (not very mse!)and it was delicious. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, your menu looks gooooooood!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching your 100th post. Interesting to hear how you've done with the meat. I love lamb, but it is rather more fatty than other meat. Roast beef and Yorkshire puds for us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello karen,
    your menus sounds good!!!
    have a nice week,
    regina

    ReplyDelete