Thursday 14 March 2013

What a bargain!!!!

This is my bargain of the year. So far anyway. I saw this breadmaker in the back of the charity shop I volunteer in this morning. As soon as I saw it I thought, I want that.

It was in perfect condition and I plugged it into a socket to check it was working. I bet it's only been used a couple of times it's like new.
It also came with it's instruction booklet and measuring scoops. I asked the manager how much she wanted for it and she said a couple of quid cos we can't sell electricals. Well, that was so cheap I put £5.00 in the till for it.

So at the moment it is on and I'm test driving it. So far it is work good. I do own a breadmaker already and it was only last weekend when I was making a loaf that I thought, I hope my breadmaker doesn't breakdown because it will cos a lot to replace it. So seeing this this morning I am prepared for when mine dies and will have a replacement machine already in the house.

Daughter No 3 said I was all giddy and excited at trying out my new breadmaker hehe. The simple things in life I can get excited about. And just to let you know. No, the breadmaker would not have been binned with us not selling electricals. We have a man who calls once a month to collect all electrical stuff and it's taken elsewhere to sell. Off to have a peek at my bread lol

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    Thats great a super bargain to. I am sure you will be baking lots of yummy stuff, fruit loaves etc . I get excited about stuff that my DD doesnt ,I then get raised eyebrows. As we get older I think more pratical things thrill us. I get excited if I find whoopsie blueberries ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bargain. I only use my breadmaker to make the dough, then bake it in the oven as it never seems to come out right in the breadmaker. I'd love your recipe, or any tips you might have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ENJOY your new breadmaker. [ps Aldi doing Allinson breadflour on offer this week] We still think fondly of you every time I make bagels with mine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic bargain. We have a Panasonic and its brilliant, I love it when my hubby puts it on timer at night and we wake up to warm fresh baked bread for breakfast.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic bargain too. I love our bread maker, but I do try not to keep making bread as I would be as big as a house!

    Nothing beats waking up to the smell of fresh bread in a morning.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Angela , that's lovely you still think of me when you make bagels. Thank you. Jo, I will give you some tips soon. The best one you already do: bake your bread in the oven. It tastes so much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had several panasonics over many years - we use ours every day and it is wonderful. Congrats on an excellent bargain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great bargain. i have a breadmaker too and i use it only in the winter months.the other time i bake my bread in the oven.
    have a nice day,
    regina
    www.reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete