Monday 11 March 2013

Menu Plan Monday 11/03/13

MONDAY - Stuffed pork loin, mashed potatoes, vegetables and yorkshire puddings

TUESDAY - Homemade fishcakes, wedges and mushy peas

WEDNESDAY - Lamb steaks, roasted vegetables and jacket potatoes

THURSDAY -Homemade beef & ale pies, carrots, broccoli and mash

FRIDAY - Mascarpone tomato sauce on pasta with homemade garlic bread

SATURDAY - Steak with mushroom sauce, chips, onion rings & grilled tomatoes

SUNDAY - Omelet, salad, homemade coleslaw, Jacket potatoes and bread

Well it arrived again through the night. A light fall of snow and all day we have had short blizzards of snow. It's freezing because of the wind and really not been a pleasure to walk in today with the dog. My face was frozen and I had to put my jacket hood up against the cold. Did a quick shop in Aldi between the snow blizzards and have spent the rest of the day warm and snug in the house watching the weather through the kitchen window as I worked.

Some ironing done and our evening meal prepped as I have to take Daughter No3 to doctors for 4.30pm and know we shall be in the waiting room for ages. Made a half quantity of lemon drizzle cake mixture and made 7 lemon drizzle buns with it. These will be frozen to go in daughters packed lunches.

She says she made 7 buns well, we are down to 5 now with both daughters wanting to try out the buns. Think I better get the rest in the freezer or I'll have none left for packups.

To finish off another picture of my Mothers Day tulips which have opened and are a lovely colour. I just keep looking at them because they look so nice.
Hope your all keeping warm and you have not had too much snow today x


1 comment:

  1. Those tulips are gorgeous, it doesn't take long for them to start opening, so pretty. Love your menu, there isn't anything there which I don't like. The weather's been awful today. My fingers were dropping off when I got home from dog walking, serves me right for not putting my gloves on.

    ReplyDelete