Tuesday 8 May 2012

Roasted Tomato soup

Following on from my post yesterday about the cheap cherry tomatoes I bought, today was soup day for them. Here's how I made my soup

1kg cherry tomatoes
1 head garlic sliced horizontally
2 peppers, deseeded and cut into quarters
1tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 veg stock cubes
1/2tsp paprika
1/2tsp sugar
Salt & pepper

Put the tomatoes, garlic and peppers on a tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
Roast slowly in a medium oven for about 30-40 minutes.
In a large pan add the chopped onion, stock cubes and 1litre boiling water.
Add the roasted veg when ready, squeezing the garlic from the bulb.
Add the sugar, paprika and season to taste.
Cook for 20 minutes or until onion is soft.
Blend with a food blender until smooth. 


 I'm eating healthily and would have loved to have finished the soup off with some cream but shall give it a miss this time. I love creamy soups.

Whilst the veg roasted in the oven I cooked more pasties for the gang to take for lunch tomorrow. For Hubby I made a beef & onion pastie with a small leftover portion of last nights meal with a bit of leftover carrot and boiled potato in too. For the girls I made cheese, potato & onion pasties. One pastie in freezer for another day.






I so want to eat one of these but not allowed : (

3 comments:

  1. All looks great. Stick with your determination, it will pay off in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pasties look fab, I could just eat one but I'll be good too. I shall have a go at the tomato soup when I start harvesting my tomatoes in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soup, but tomato is one I have never tried to make..I do believe yours looks better than any I have seen! Just might have to give it a go. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete