Sunday 18 March 2012

Mother's Day

Hope all you mums out there have had a lovely relaxing mother's day. I have had a nice lazy day, only had dog walking to do and I made dinner. Dinner was an easy meal of roasted veg and potatoes then salmon fillets popped on the tray near the end of cooking. Had lovely cards (cried at the words my youngest daughter wrote in her card) and gifts and enjoyed my day. School uniform and Hubby's work shirts needed ironing so I said to Hubby "It's mothers day and I'm not allowed to iron"  ; ) He got the message and did the ironing for me.

For a long time I have wanted to make sourdough bread but never bothered because of the long process to get a loaf of bread. Today I decided to take the plunge and get started. I got out my Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall, River Cottage everyday cook book and set about making my starter.


In a bowl I have 50g of wholemeal bread flour and 50g of white bread flour and I whisked in enough warm water to make the consistency of thick paint.


I covered with cling film and that's it. got to leave it now to do it's stuff. The fermentation can start after a few hours or a few days. I shall keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. I will follow this with interest as I keep intending to make sourdough but never quite managing!

    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you got to relax on Mother's Day. I'm looking forward to hearing how you do with the sourdough bread.

    ReplyDelete