Tuesday 6 March 2012

Busy decorating

Gosh how time flies when your busy. I have started decorating daughter No3's bedroom. Stripping the wallpaper off is taking longer than I thought it would. I had to dismantle her bed yesterday and take it downstairs to store in the conservatory to make room to work in. Then today I had to empty a chest of drawers and her wardrobe so we could move them to the opposite side of the room so I can finish stripping the final wall tomorrow. A sack of soft toys and clothing is in my boot to take to the charity shop when I go in to volunteer this week. All this shifting furniture and scrapping walls should hopefully have some effect on my weight loss this week (she hopes).

All this decorating is not leaving much time for cooking so I wanted something simple for my evening meal last night. I was cooking a gammon last night for the rest of the family to have and the remainder for sandwiches for the week. I wanted something filling and spicy so made a big pot of veg and lentil curry in my slow cooker for me. This made four large portions and is very cheap to make.

VEGETABLE AND LENTIL CURRY

2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated
half a cauliflower, broken into florets
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
half a squash, peeled and chopped
2 potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
half a wrinkly pepper I had lurking : ) chopped
150g lentils
2 hot chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
2 veg stock cubes dissolved in 1litre hot water
salt & pepper to taste




Just chop all the veg and then throw it into a large pan or into the slow cooker and cook until the veg is tender. Use any veg you have available. This is a simple quick curry. Was lovely with some basmati rice.
All in the pot ready to cook


Yesterday for my lunch I had some homemade leek and potato soup from the freezer. Never one to waste any food I also had with the soup some rice cakes topped with a little cream cheese and half a salmon fillet daughter No3 left from her meal on Sunday. Can't waste a good piece of salmon : )

Wanted another easy meal today with decorating so this lunchtime I popped all the ingredients into the slowcooker for a bolognese sauce and my lunch today was a bowl of lovely leftover curry, yum. Spaghetti bolognese and homemade garlic bread for tea.

2 comments:

  1. I hate decorating, everywhere is such a mess with things being stored here, there and everywhere, or is it just my house that gets like that when we decorate? I bet the curry was tasty, it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just found your blog through Jo's. I like the recipe you shared for the tuna and broc pie, my lot with love that. My shopping bill is creeping up and up although I do menu plan and buy the offers that we use, everything is getting expensive.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete