Thursday 19 April 2012

Just a quick one

I was asked a few days ago by Angela to review this book I borrowed from the library.


The book is called Christmas crafting in no time by Clare Young. I would recommend anyone who was thinking of buying the book to borrow it from the library first to make sure it's a book you would use often. I found a lot of the paper crafts quite basic but they would be nice crafts to do with children but not something I would want to do from the book.

It's a lovely photographed book on lovely quality paper. The contents are sectioned into, decorations, cards and gift wrap, cooking for Christmas,  gifts,  and table decorations.   A few things that jumped out at me to make are the stockings on the front cover and this embroidered throw.



Thought that might be a nice gift for my mother-in-law for Christmas.
I also fancy making this embossed foil heart decoration. It's made with modelling clay.


And finally I may make this snowflake garland.


Overall a nice book which you can get at Amazon for £10.16  but I'll just keep borrowing it from the library until I've made the things I want.

A warm welcome to my new followers x

3 comments:

  1. There are many arts and crafts books you could get from the library. It saves having to shed out money on one book that you might only use for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly bought this book before Christmas, I wish I had now, it looks like a lovely book. They had it at The Book People for about £3.99 but I can't see it there now. Perhaps they'll get it back in before Christmas again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this great review. I shall check out our library - and maybe then The Book People. Like Jo, I have sometimes dithered over BP offers and then later wished I had bought something!
    blessings x

    ReplyDelete