Thursday 8 November 2012

Coming along nicely

So, I've taken a week off work to get on with decorating the living room. Things are coming along nicely. I spent the last three days painting woodwork and emulsioning walls. Scrapping two end walls and going to B&Q last Sunday to discover the wall paper I wanted would not be in until today. Another trip to B&Q today to get the paper and work can progress tomorrow.

Thought you might be interested in a tip I use with paint trays. For years now I have used bin liners, charity bags or carrier bags to line my painting tray.





Paint away with your tray lining and when you have finished painting pour any leftover paint back in the tin then throw the bin liner, carrier bag or whatever you used in the bin. No tray to clean. Now, how can I find a way to not clean paint brushes lol?

It is Hubby's birthday today and daughter No3 made him a cake when she returned from school today.


Her dad was so chuffed with the cake. She made it all by herself and I just beamed the proud mum that I was with her. I think I'm bringing my 14 year old daughter up to be a good home cook and it's a good life skill to have. Proud mum. Love her.

So it's Hubby's birthday today, our wedding anniversary tomorrow so we are being treated to a meal in a restaurant. Chauffeured there and back by my father-in-law and the whole meal and wine paid for by the in-laws. Can't get more frugal than that!!!

Bye for now x

3 comments:

  1. I like your bin liner idea. Your daughter made a great looking cake-lucky Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good tip. Well done to your daughter, that cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for painting! Your hubby is a lucky dad, to receive such a lovely birthday cake!!

    ReplyDelete